Safety tips for skip bin hire for homeowners & businesses
When you’re working with a skip bin, it’s important to follow safety guidelines. Skip bins are heavy and can be dangerous if not handled properly. Skip bins can be dangerous if they’re not used correctly.
Here are some important safety tips when you hire a skip bin:
Be aware of your surroundings
Skip bins are heavy and difficult to move around. Always be aware of your surroundings and make sure you have enough space in which to manoeuvre the bin. Don’t move it if there’s traffic around or if there are obstacles in the way.
Always wear protective clothing
When handling the skip bin, wear protective clothing that protects you from injury in case of an accident. Wear gloves and goggles, as well as closed-toe shoes when possible. If you need assistance moving your bin, consider hiring professional removalists who will do all the heavy lifting for you!
Keep children away from skips
It’s important to keep children away from skips at all times – not just when they’re being used for rubbish disposal but also when they are empty as well. Skips can be dangerous places for children because they contain many sharp objects that could hurt them if they fall into them or get trapped inside one by accident.
Don’t throw things into the skip bin that could potentially fall out onto someone below.
This includes loose items like screws, nails and any other sharp objects that could cause injury or damage property if they fall out of the skip bin during transit.
Another hazard is fire.
The contents of your skip bin could catch fire if they’re too dry or if they’re exposed to extreme heat such as being left near a bonfire, barbecue or other heat source. If you have combustible materials in your skip bin, like wood or plastic, it’s important to keep them away from sources of heat.
The type of waste being disposed of.
Some types of waste may also require special handling procedures such as medical waste disposal Sydney or asbestos removal Sydney services so make sure you know what kind of stuff goes in each bin before putting it out for collection.
What can go in a skip bin?
Skip bins are great for house and garden waste, building materials, roofing and home renovation waste, furniture, paint and other liquids.Skip bins can also be used for recycling of paper products like cardboard boxes, magazines and newspapers.
Here is a list of items that can go into a skip bin:
- General Household Waste
- Freezers/Refrigerators/Air Conditioners/Dryers
- Roofing Materials
- Home Renovation Waste (i.e. Bathroom Renovations)
- Building Materials (i.e. Brick / Stone / Concrete)
- Household Cleaning Products (i.e. Paint Tins / Aerosols / Glue Tins)
- Green waste – such as tree branches and shrubs (but not palm fronds).
- Garden waste – such as grass clippings, leaves and weeds.
What can’t go in a skip bin?
There are many different types of skip bins and different uses for them. It’s important that you know what can and can’t go in your skip bin so you don’t end up with any problems later on.
You should never put any of the following items in your skip bin:
- Batteries (car, lead acid, lithium ion)
- Car bodies
- Chemicals and hazardous substances
- Flammable liquids, gels and solids
- Food waste or food containers
- Hazardous or toxic materials/chemicals including paint (acrylic, water based, oil based), motor oil, pesticides, herbicides and fertilisers.
- Liquid or gas cylinders (e.g., propane tanks)
- Medical waste (e.g., used syringes)
- Radioactive material or radioactive waste
What can I expect from Melbourne Skip Bin Hire?
Melbourne Skip Bin Hire is a locally owned business that has been providing skip bin hire services to both- residential and commercial clients in Melbourne.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to offering the best customer service by providing cost efficient and environmentally friendly solutions for your waste removal needs.
Skip bins are available for hire in sizes ranging from 2 cubic metre to 8 cubic metres. Our professionals is here to help you with which size of skip bin will meet your needs, to ensure a perfect solution for all your needs.
You can expect:
- A friendly customer service team that will answer any questions or concerns you have about our services promptly and efficiently
- A quick response time – we understand that sometimes you need a skip bin quickly, so we’ll do our best to get it delivered within 24 hours if possible
- An affordable price – our prices start at $250 for a small 2 cubic metre bin, which is very reasonable compared to other skip bin hire companies in Melbourne.
- We can provide you with a skip bin that is the right size for your needs, so there is no need to worry about getting the wrong size. Our staff can also recommend different types of bins depending on what you need to remove.
- We will deal with all types of waste including general household rubbish, construction waste, garden waste and commercial waste.
- Our friendly team of experts at Melbourne Skip Bin Hire are on hand 24/7 to provide you with the best service possible.
Contact our team for all your skip bin hire needs in Melbourne
We’re the experts when it comes to Skip Bin Hire in Melbourne. With the relevant experience and expertise, we can help you with all your skip bin hire needs.
Irrespective of the size of skip bin you require, we have a solution for you. Our team has the knowledge and experience to deliver exceptional customer service that will exceed your expectations.